Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Testing out a palette



This is a early developmental digital colorscript when I was figuring out my medium for this project, and whether I should use color. For this one, I kept a simple four color scheme palette. It was a really good exercise for me to contextualize my ideas quickly with the help of my graphics tablet- I feel like I still captured the raw sketchiness I have in my sketchbook with it. It also helped me with my development of the cover sleeve (the first image).
I liked this approach, but felt that the only way to keep it spontaneous and alive had to be a very quick, rushed process which I wouldn't feel comfortable in presenting. I also felt that having a digital medium would totally take away from the primitive text and overall way of the bigfoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment